Development of an automated assistant for data management in Psychology
Years of experience with the research data center PsychData have shown that data management is most effective when it is instated early, preferably concomitant with the research process. Therefore, DataWiz provides support for researchers with planning their data management before a project starts and with managing their research data during a project. It provides functions for data preparation, documentation and archiving, as well as a digital collaborative working environment for you and your team. In this way, project DataWiz pursues the following strategic goals:
- reduce the time spent on research data management by researchers,
- relieve the load on research data repositories by increasing quality of deposited data,
- establish domain-adequate research data management and open science practices in psychology.
Researchers keep the discretionary power over their own data while working in DataWiz. Standardized formats and interfaces nevertheless allow and encourage the transfer of research data to an established data archive.
On this site, you will find the DataWiz knowledge base. Please notice that its contents are continuously extended and updated regularly.
The knowledge base’s content is structured in three sections:
- What should you know at the beginning of your project before Data Collection has started?
- What should you know during Data Collection when you are creating the research data?
- What should you know after Data Collection took place, when you are preparing your research data to be archived or shared?
Procedural support will be offered by DataWiz’ web-based assistant which is currently under development. This assistant will provide functions for data preparation, documentation and archiving as well as a digital collaborative working environment for you and your team. If you are interested in testing our tool please get in touch with us.